Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Diving on Guam

Went diving this past weekend, went on four (4) dives to test out my gear. Haven't used it for about 5 or 6 years, so I had my regulator serviced and battery replaced on my dive computer. The morning dive was to Biles Bay and Nathan's Dent. The first dive to Biles Bay was not so good - visibility was not so great and the site was full of silt. The other dive, Nathan's Dent was great - shallow dive with lots of fish and coral; one of the divers found a fire clam hidden on the reef. It was not too fiery but something not seen every day. Since I had breakfast about 1 hour before the dive, and my dive buddy and I ended up way off away from the boat, we had a long swim back on swells....I got a little seasick so I fed the fishes carrots and celery after coming back on board....have to remember to get Damamine for the Yap dives. Diesel fumes and a rocking boat can me make seasick. So, with about 2 hours before the afternoon dive, I had lunch --- fish and rice ( I substituted rice for the chips), and a cup of coffee. The afternoon dives were great --- the boat was not too crowded, about 14 people instead of 26 on the morning dive. We went to Barricuda Reef and Haps' Reef. Great dives - lots to see, nope, did not see a shark or Barricuda but I thought I say a sea turtle lying on the seafloor, but when I got closer, it was just coral formation. On the way to the second dive location, we spotted a pod of dolphins. The crew of the dive boat played with the dolphins, and three of the dolphins were swimming at the front of the boat...I took some videos, it was wondeful. The second dive was nice. Haps reef is a great dive - easy and lots of fish and reef to look at.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The carrots and celery were your tithe to the fish for letting you dive in their homes. Circle of life, baby!

Nice pic of the dolphins!

Dawn of the Read said...

That sounds wonderful! I totally want to learn how to dive.