Monday, June 11, 2007

Video, YouTube, television, DIY movies and video clips

Video, YouTube, television, DIY movies and video clips

YouTube created a new social network. Now anybody can be a director of their own movie, post a news-breaking clip, and alert the millions of viewer on funny, disturbing, educational, international, and un-usually. YouTube has made it a lot easier to share videos with lots and lots of people. I used it to look up videos of Zidane during the World Cup, and it was very nice to see videos US viewer normally do not have access to. In terms of politics and global issues and concerns, YouTube has widen the reach of many isolated groups, individuals, and broaden the horizons of the human race -- at least those that have access to the Web.

Podcasts and E-books
I have used or experienced podcasts before - I first thought you had to have an iPod, but I guess the widely popularity of the iPod has made the turn 'podcast' a generic term. One of my favorite shows - Project Runaway on BravoTV had podcasts by Tim Gunn. So - that is when I learned about podcasts. It's another extension of media and the Web.

For my Library-related podcast and RSS feed. I selected OpenStacks.

And for my E-book or audio book - I already used it to download a few books when it first came out. Since I had an old computer, it took a long, long time to download the chapters to my computer, and to transfer them to my MP3 player. It's a wonderful format since it is a lot easier to handle than CDs and tapes....you just need to have time to download to your computer. OR if you don't have one, there is the format already installed on an MP3 player provided by the library!

No comments: