Friday, March 16, 2007

RSS Feeds and Bloglines

This week the assignment was to play with RSS Feeds and create an account with the service called Bloglines. This service allows the creation of a custom newsreader: a little bit of old tech and new tech since I remember the concept of newsgroups in the 80's.

I added feeds from BBC, the NYTimes, a couple of library related ones per the assignment. I found it easier to subscribe to a feed from a well-known source or site such as BBC News, The NYTimes. The tools to search for blogs to meet a topic requirement can be confusing and time-consuming...I used some of the suggestions, since I figured the sources were OK, and it will be a fairly active blog with daily if not weekly entries. One thing -- there is a LOT of blogs out there. Syndic8 was a nice tool to see how recent the blog was update. Since I have started my blog for the KCLS 27 Things - I have found out how difficult it is to write an entry and to make it interesting. I make my entries about once a week -- usually on weekends.

1 comment:

KCLS Learning 2.0 said...

Your entries are great - please don't worry about them being more interesting. And you can always make them more bare-bones if you are pressed for time...